Providing High-Speed Satellite Broadband To Solar Energy Plants
Located in rural areas of the Western Cape, TerniEnergia’s photovoltaic solar energy plants required a secure and reliable internet connection for their operations.
TerniEnergia, an Italian-based renewables and energy efficiency company, has developed two plants in rural South Africa. To facilitate the construction and operation of the plants, a reliable and secure internet connection was required. However, limited network infrastructure made this challenging.
TerniEnergia partnered with Avanti Communications to provide reliable and secure high-speed satellite broadband connectivity to its photovoltaic renewable energy plants, located in Paleisheuwel and Tom Burke in the Western Cape. The energy plants will supply 82.5MW and 66MW of solar power respectively.
- Bringing its power plants online has been crucial for TerniEnergia in improving efficiency and ensuring sites under construction are connected at all times
- The plants’ employees can upload data on the progress of the plants’ construction and monitor their power production
- The connected plants have been able to accelerate the delivery of solar energy across South Africa, to even some of the remotest regions
- Welfare services can be accessed by employees on site, improving staff morale
- Overall, a reliable internet connection is enabling TerniEnergia to drive efficiencies and energy production across its sites