ApTec – PA and Team Administrator
Job Title PA and Team Administrator
Company Government Solutions
Reporting to MD Avanti Government Solutions (AGS)
Avanti is a world leader in satellite data communications. It pioneered the use of high throughput satellites at the Ka-band frequencies. Major organisations are now using Avanti’s networks for cellular backhaul, IP trunking, complex government and enterprise networks and video services, as well as broadband.
Government Solutions team wins and executes projects for government customers across Europe and the Middle East and Africa with a particular focus on Defence & Security, Education, Broadband Enablement, Institutional R&D and International Development.
We are looking for a proactive PA and team administrator to support the MD of Avanti Government Solutions and the wider team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management of the MD AGS diary ensuring that meetings are scheduled accurately and efficiently;
- Preparation of weekly papers for the MD AGS (including diary, minutes, directions, flight tickets, papers required for meetings etc);
- Prepare minutes of meetings, reports and correspondence as required;
- Screen telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate;
- General office management duties for AGS including meeting room bookings and travel requests, stationery orders, leave requests, sicknesses, collection of timesheets;
- Ensure wider team is properly storage and recording of documentation on shared drives / Sharepoint.
- Deal with incoming emails, faxes and post, corresponding on behalf of MD AGS where required;
- Book travel, arrange visa applications and produce detailed itineraries for national and international travel;
- Coordination and submission of invoices, purchase orders, credit card and cash expenses for MD AGS and wider team.;
- Preparation of papers for project meetings, using Salesforce for Senior Management meetings as directed;
- Provide assistance for any ad hoc projects, proposals or presentations;
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management, filing, etc;
- Provide high level administrative support for MD AGS ensuring that information requested is provided in a timely manner so that he is fully prepared for all meetings in advance;
- Update and monitor Sales Force as required;
- Maintain Pipeline and prepare pipeline summary;
- Organise and keep up to date Sales and Account Plans;
- Ensure direct reports to MD AGS send reports in a timely manner and follow up or take action to minimise any delays;
- Support and coordinate activities internally across the department as required;
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to other EA’s as directed during periods of annual leave or sick leave cover.
Skills and qualifications required
- Educated to A level in English and Maths, Diploma or equivalent experience gained in multi functional roles;
- Proven experience of working in a similar administrative role;
- Experience of interacting with people at different levels within an organisation;
- Experience of working with highly sensitive and confidential information;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, especially Outlook, Power point, Word and Excel;
- Confident telephone manner and excellent verbal communications skills;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Proven organisational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of document management processes.
- Ability to deliver under pressure to given deadlines
- Strategic thinking with strong abilities to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills with especially with external customers
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.