Marketing – Marketing & Business Development Executive
Job Title Marketing & Business Development Executive
Company Avanti Communications
Location London, UK
Reporting to Head of Group Events
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka-band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements. Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead Generation – Generate and prospect new customers against defined outbound calling plan;
- Lead Qualification – Qualify prospects from leads generated from outbound calling, campaigns, events and digital; Respond to inbound calls, e-mail and web enquires within 24 hours to qualify
- Lead Handover – Ensure data is entered into Salesforce and smooth handover to Business Development Managers and Sales Managers;
- Data Cleansing – Keep prospect list is kept up-to-date by validating contacts;
- Appointment Generation – Support sector campaigns and events with in/outbound calling programmes to generate interest and book meetings for the Business Development and Sales Teams;
- Channel Support – Support premium partners with telemarketing activity agreed with channel management;
- Research – Conduct surveys to gather information and data on markets, sectors and verticals;
- Reporting – Deliver weekly and monthly performance reports (calls made, lead generation and conversions) are completed;
- Ability to explain Avanti’s product offering with confidence to a range of customers across EMEA by outbound/inbound calls and email;
- In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.
- Ad Hoc Marketing Support
- Actively engage and collaborate with marketing, support, sales management, product management and account management to facilitate new programs, messages, campaigns, and offerings;
- Support the Marketing and Business Development team with administration such as POs, invoices and cash expenses;
Skills and qualifications required
- 1 years successful track record in sales
- Good understanding of B2B market
- Experience of outbound calling
- Ability to relate and get on easily with people at all levels
- Exceptional sales ability
- Good negotiator with ability to successfully deal with objections and close
- Professional standard of presentation at all times
- Administration skills – organised and well-prepared
- Ability to meet deadlines and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience of Microsoft Office is essential: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of Marketing Automation Platforms (ideally Pardot)
- Preferably knowledge in Telecoms, Business Development or Marketing
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.