Marketing – Marketing Business Development Manager Middle East and Turkey
Job Title Marketing Business Development Manager Middle East and Turkey
Company Avanti Communications Ltd
Reporting to Head of Marketing Business Development
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
The Marketing Business Development Manager’s role is customer facing and will require you to demonstrate a broad range of marketing and business development skills, and develop them further. Whilst reporting directly to Director of MBD at Avanti’s UK HQ, your key internal stakeholders will include the regional Sales Director, Head of Campaigns, Head of Product, the Commercial Director and Head of Partner Support.
You will plan and lead regional business development and marketing activity and will be a core contributor to driving revenue through lead generation and conversion. Avanti provides wholesale satellite services, so the ability to thrive in a channel partner environment is essential.
You will also provide the MBD team with subject matter expertise in business development – acting as team coach and mentor in your specialist area.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop, own and deliver the regional marketing plan to generate revenue and support the Group’s marketing strategy.
- Pursue and qualify sales leads, progressing early and mid-stage opportunities to expedite lead-to-close duration in partnership with sales teams.
- Support regional channel partners with well executed campaigns to generate revenue growth for them and Avanti.
- Actively scan for bid opportunities and lead the bid response process.
- Drive demand through regional campaigns, events, thought leadership and proactive engagement with the market.
- Develop intelligence on the regional market to understand and inform market segmentation and the broader political, social, economic and technology drivers; champion the evidence based development of products, pricing strategies and propositions to meet them.
- Build the regional marketing toolkit, case studies and sales training to enable sales teams to excel.
- Regularly engage with leads, prospects and channel partners to promote Avanti, its products and capabilities; leading the monthly push campaign for your region.
- Provide consolidated and ad-hoc reporting as required.
Skills and qualifications required
- B2B marketing or business development experience in a telecoms or technology company gained in the region.
- Able to plan, create and deliver marketing plans.
- Face-to-face sales, business development or marketing experience.
- Willingness to travel C.60% of the time.
- Demonstrable revenue and/or profit generation.
- Strong written and spoken English, other languages and advantage.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Resilient, flexible and possessing an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Graduate calibre.
- Demonstrable bid management experience.
- Channel management.
- Public speaking.
- Fixed or mobile Internet, IP data or satellite communications experience, ideally supported by appropriate qualifications.
- Masters level degree or equivalent in a business or engineering discipline.
- Full product lifecycle experience.
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.