Marketing – Senior Marketing Lead – Education
Senior Marketing Lead (Education)
Avanti Communications Group PLC
Global Marketing Director
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading Governmental Education Agencies, NGO’s, telecoms and media companies.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Avanti’s vision is to improve educational outcomes by connecting and delivering a rich digital education experience to over 100,000 Schools across Europe, Middle East and Africa by 2020.
The journey has already started with the creation and delivery of innovate propositions as ECO (Every Child Online), iMlango, iKnowledge (http://www.avantiplc.com/eco/ http://casestudies.avantiplc.com/imlango-school/ )
which have resulted in measurable positive educational outcomes. In delivering against this vision Avanti have developed a comprehensive partnership with ESA, UKSA, and DFID. This has resulted in the accelerated funding and deployment of over 2500 sites across Africa however this is only the start of the journey. The next step now relies upon the successful execution ofthe vision.
Main duties and responsibilities
This role is key to the delivery of Avanti’s Education 2020 Vision ensuring that the marketing efforts deliver against the defined revenue and deployment goals.
The post-holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of the education marketing plan aligned to agreed sales targets. Delivering marketing programmes that include acquisition, retention and growth components and development educational propositions based on customer insight that are compelling in a competitive environment whilst providing context with the Avanti’s other commercial service offerings.
Accountable for the identification, evaluation and exploitation of Educational opportunities across EMEA. Taking responsibility for revenue growth in new and evolving markets through developing new and scaling existing marketing programmes, propositions and services. Success is measured through driving significant revenue growth, achievement and deployments.
The post-holder will work closely with the sales team and MD Govt and Applied Technologies to curate and deliver:
- The marketing plan, driving awareness and engagement in line with Avanti’s 2020 Education Vision (Including Proposition Development, PR, Social Marketing, Advertising, Thought Leadership, Events, Campaigns)
- Scan for Education bid opportunities within the target regions.
- A universe of prospects identifying end users, deployment service providers, government bodies, funding bodies, NGO’s and value added proposition partners
- Improve knowledge of regional sales staff and service partners
- Research programmes identifying insight into customer needs
- New value propositions that meet identified needs and commercial requirements of business
- Enhancement of existing proposition to drive scale
- The acquisition of new and growth of existing service partners.
- Develop relationships with existing agencies and bodies (ESA, DFID, MOE etc) along with sales development team.
Skills and qualifications required
- The successful candidate will ideally come from a EdTec background or be able to demonstrate an in depth and current knowledge of the sector.
- Able to evidence a track record in successfully developing, launching and maintaining complex EMEA marketing plans and proposition delivery.
- They should also have proven experience working successfully with other business functions and in leading on cross-functional projects.
- They will be able to evidence their motivation, excellent organisational skills, attention to detail.
- It is essential that candidates have experience of both traditional and digital marketing.
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.