Networks – MNO Integration and Security Engineer
Job Title MNO Integration and Security Engineer
Company Avanti Communications Group Plc
Reporting to Head of Service Infrastructure
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head of Service Infrastructure, you will work collaboratively with our Operations, Design and Product teams as a subject matter expert influencing and developing MNO integration solutions.
- The role will focus on supporting the design and integration of complex multi-environment projects throughout the development lifecycle including PoC and escalation support.
- Supporting Pre-Sales and the Solution Engineering teams you will understand and own the challenges presented integrating MNO services with a satellite backhaul solution so previous experience of satellite technology would be advantageous.
- Implement continuous testing of service infrastructure to support Avanti security policy.
- Act as subject matter expert on all matters of infrastructure security.
- Ensure security elements are considered and best practice applied during project development and implementation.
- Provide support to key management stakeholders as the infrastructure technical security champion.
- Define technical requirements and best practice aligned with Operational functions.
- Evaluate new security services and implement enhancements as part of our continual service improvement policy.
- Assist with incident investigations and the implementation of mitigating controls to known risks and threats.
- Design systems to complete evaluation through testing of new infrastructure prior to its introduction into services.
- Support third-party service testing and resulting actions.
Skills and qualifications required
- As a senior engineer you will confidently demonstrate an excellent understanding of the architecture & design of:
- Mobile Data Core architecture – 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Mobile Voice Core architecture – 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Mobile Network Service Control layer and Messaging o RAN – 3G / 4G (LTE)
- Multi vendor eNodeB configuration and integration
- Traffic Enforcement/Management Solutions o IP & Transmission
- Extensive mobile telecoms engineering experience with a proven record of working on complex projects across multiple domains as a technical lead with responsibility for the end to end deliverable.
- Able to demonstrate the ability and adaptability to identify and describe complex technical solutions and challenges to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively manage and build relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders.
- The ability and willingness to learn new engineering principles and processes and affectively apply knowledge learned.
- Extensive experience mobile telephony security core disciplines such as vulnerability management, risk mitigation and log management.
- The technical capability to define and implement best practice tools.
- A network qualification such as CCNP or equivalent experience working at a senior technical level.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Strong working knowledge of LINUX and Open Source tools.
- Ability to influence and evangelise security best practice across the technical engineering teams.
- An excellent understanding of security and regulatory best practice.
- A good understanding of RF system architechture & RF lab measurements.
- A good understanding of test methodology and test system automation.
Good understanding of the ITIL or eTOM framework.
Previous experience of having worked for a teleco service provider.
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.