Operations – Incident Manager
Job Title Incident Manager
Company Avanti Broadband Limited
Location London or Goonhilly
Reporting to Head of Customer Operations
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements. Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE). Following the acquisition of several contracts with complex SLA and ISO standard compliancy requirements the Service Delivery department is looking for an enthusiastic candidate with strong customer services ethos that can apply a methodical approach to managing the above requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage service- or product quality in compliance with contractual SLA;
- Formulate appropriate actions to keep within or restore service levels to agreed targets;
- Report on and manage service problems in conjuction with the department managers and head of department.
- Work with Head of Department and Compliance Director to ensure Service Delivery is compliant to ISO9001 and ISO27001 requirements;
- Work with SRM and Pricing teams ensuring that sufficient capacity is available to meet existing SLAs and ensuring the service has capacity to keep ahead of demand;
- Work with Product and Operations ensuring that the product can be properly installed, monitored, controlled and billed, ahead of sales activity and according to SLAs;
- Calculate service credits according to contract and manage approval of these credits;
- Ensure SLA requirements are disseminated within Avanti.
- Attend CAB meetings to ensure SLAs are met
- Creation and dissemetation of major incident reports
Skills and qualifications required
- Absolute dedication and outstanding attitude of customer care, pro-active and collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Experience in satellite service operations in a service delivery role ;
- Experience with SLA monitoring and management;
- Experience of network dimensioning;
- Knowledge of satellite services provisioning ;
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013;
- Master Degree in Business Administration or related Telecommunications Field, or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of ITIL;
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRMS);
- Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio;
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills;
- Excellent communicator and influencer;
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communications essential;
- Ability and willingness to work occasionally long hours under pressure.
- Experience with Remedy on Demand
- Track record of working closely with customers and contributing positively to the sales process;
- Experience in space segment planning, link budget and carrier monitoring;
- Foreign languages relevant to Avanti’s service regions including for example Arabic, Swahili, German, French.
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.