Pre Sales – Pre Sales Engineer – Europe
Job Title Pre Sales Engineer – Europe
Company Avanti Communications Marketing Services ltd
Reporting to Head of EME Pre-Sales
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements. Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE). To support the European region sales targets an experienced pre-sales engineer is required to provide technical sales support to the salesforce in region.
Main duties and responsibilities
The position will involve identification and capture of technical requirements, the design of elegant and effective value add solutions and presentation to prospects. Additionally, the position involves the preparation of technical responses to RFI/RPS, technical and commercial trail implementation and management, and post sales implementation documentation, project management assistance to internal functions.
The objective of the role is to providing technical sales support for a variety of opportunities Avanti has covering broadband, enterprise and carrier applications over Satellite and help grow this business into new markets.
- Provide Technical Pre-Sales support for the European Sales and Business Development teams for all market verticals
- Gather and understand prospect requirements;
- Design elegant and effective value add solution propositions;
- Manage technical RFI/RFP responses (content and process);
- Manage technical and commercial trials (content and process);
- Document and communicate customer implementation plan and deliverables to handover to PMO.
- Post sales consultative support may be required from time to time
- Provide market and sales feedback to Product Management and Engineering functions
Skills and qualifications required
- RF and satellite communications, including key concepts such as link budgeting, modulation, VSAT hardware and networking;
- Track record in technical product or pre-sales engineering;
- Recognised and appropriate engineering or technical qualification. E.g. BTEC/BEng;
- Technical working knowledge of IP networking with CCNA or greater equivalent qualification or experience;
- Ability to identify and capture customer technical and operational requirements, using technical expertise to design elegant and effective value add solutions;
- Ability to effectively present solutions to a wide range of prospects, from technical to board level;
- Experience in common desktop productivity tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook, along with strong MS Visio skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English;
- Ability to travel world-wide
- Project Management experience
- Another European Language
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a high level of motivation
- Ability to understand and explain the technology behind Satellite telecommunications services, to analyse competitor offerings and the ability to position the company’s capability successfully against them;
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.
£36,000 – £40,000 per annum
Working Days, Hours
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Monday, 5th March 2018