Pricing – Senior Quality Computing Analyst
Job Title Senior Quality Computing Analyst
Company Avanti Communications Group PLC
Reporting to Commercial Director
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Avanti has developed a reputation for creating proprietary Operational Support Systems (OSS) and business critical applications in a wide variety of technology areas.
We are looking for a QA focussed Software Engineer based at our central London office, to join a team of dedicated people. The software engineering team is responsible for the development and support of OSS ecosystem and its integration with many Network Management systems and Web portals. This will be an excellent opportunity for someone to come on-board and work with a team of engineers driving all aspects of quality across the team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work as part of cross functional team using Scrum – participate in Scrum meetings, work with Developers, and engineers from other departments like Product, Sales, Satellite Operations, Space Engineering and Network operations centre;
- Organise and build automated and manual tests;
- Work closely with business users and product owners in collecting and refining specifications and use these to create and implement test plans for functional and other requirements;
- Creates and maintains documentation on complex context processes, requirements and system diagrams;
- Testing web-based systems (OSS, B2B/B2C portals), REST APIs and Web services for correctness, compliance, cross-browser concerns, security and performance using a range of test strategies, tools and techniques;
- Analysing test results and provide appropriate feedback to developers, support them in understanding how to write more testable and robust code;
- Participate in selection, implementation and ownership of test tools, automated build and continuous integration tools;
- Develop , manage and apply standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures;
- Conduct software inspection, testing, verification, and validation. Implements software development and maintenance processes and methods;
- Provide subject matter expertise on test methodologies and tools;
- Expected to learn and stay up to date with advancement in both the QA and technology;
- Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance;
- Be ready to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.
Skills and qualifications required
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience required;
- 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with automated testing tools (PHPUnit/Behat/Selenium), debugging tools (E.g.:- Firebug) and Continuous Integration (Jenkins);
- Experience with Agile development Practices (SCRUM/TDD/BDD);
- Ability to write concise and clear test specifications;
- Knowledge about Cross-browser compliance and browser development tools;
- Great attention to detail and have an eye for good user interface design;
- Ability and willingness to work occasionally long hours under pressure;
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills;
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communications.
- Experience using PHP oriented QA tools (PHP CodeSniffer, PHP Depend, PHP Mess Detector etc.);
- DBMS testing tools, preferably both relational (MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL ( MongoDB, Redis etc.);
- Previous experience in Telco OSS/BSS software.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.
Between £25,000 to £30,000
Working Days, Hours
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
30th November 2017