Sales – Sales Manager – MTN South Africa
Job Title Sales Manager – MTN South Africa
Company Avanti Communications PLC
Reporting to Sales Director Southern Africa & Country Manager
We are a world leader in satellite data communications, pioneering the use of high throughput satellites at the Ka-band frequencies. Major organisations are now using our networks for cellular backhaul, IP trunking, complex government and enterprise networks and video services, as well as broadband.
We have also led the market in designing a network with outstanding levels of quality and flexibility. We serve telecoms service providers, and believes that these customers are more demanding of quality and resilience than has previously been the case in the much of the satellite industry. For this reason, we designed carrier class network that last year delivered an SLA of 99.999%. For this reason, we are winning business in key high value market segments like government, enterprise and carrier services, as well as pioneering in broadband.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for revenues associated with MTN Southern Africa
- Be responsible for revenues associated with strategic Southern African Opcos
- Carry and achieve a significant personal sales target for both markets;
- Achieve a good market understanding of the allotted territory and how and where our products can fill the requirements;
- Develop account plans and develop a clear stakeholder mapping to maximise value and grow revenues within MTN Group.
- Position Avanti value proposition within MTN Southern Africa and its OPCOS.
- Work closely with MTN to devise and deliver individual sales targets and subsequent revenues;
- Work closely with MTN partnerships to generate relationships with governments at both national and local level to secure supported broadband contracts wherever they are available;
- Provide regular forecasts from the generation, management and closing of a significant pipeline of sales utilising a CRM system
- Ensure to work effectively with the overall Sales, Marketing and Operations functions within the business;
- Provide interface into the company for special requirement and projects.
Skills and qualifications required
- Demonstrable track record of selling Satellite (VSAT) or communications services to telecoms companies, ISPs and service providers;
- Have a strong grasp of telecommunications technology;
- Experience of managing channel partners and helping them drive up performance year on year;
- Ability to create winning bid proposals, plan and conduct contract negotiations and present in a compelling manner;
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with key partners and customers, especially MTN SA;
- English must be spoken fluently, other language skills would be advantageous.
- Additional retail sales experience to enterprise, government and telecoms sectors is also desirable;
- Ability to understand and explain the technology behind Satellite telecommunications services, to analyse competitor offerings and the ability to position the company’s capability successfully against them;
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a high level of motivation.
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.