Sales – Sales Manager for UK/Ireland and Eastern Europe
Job Title Sales Manager for UK/Ireland and Eastern Europe
Reporting to Head of Sales UK & Ireland
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for generation new business in UK/Ireland and Eastern Europe.
- Carry and achieve a significant personal sales target;
- Achieve a good market understanding of the allotted territory and how and where our products can fill requirements;
- Source, research and recruit the channel partners in UK/Ireland and Eastern Europe who operate in regions where Avanti has satellite coverage.
- Train and lead the channel partners in such a way as to maximise their performance to ensure continued revenue growth and customer retention;
- Work closely with the partners to devise and deliver individual sales targets and subsequent revenues;
- Work closely with channel partnerships to generate relationships with governments at both national and local level to secure supported broadband contracts wherever they are available;
- Provide regular forecasts from the generation, management and closing of a significant pipeline of sales utilising a CRM system
- Ensure that the channels for which you are responsible work effectively with the overall Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Vertical sement sales and Operations functions within the business;
- Provide interface into the company for special requirements and projects as directed.
Skills and qualifications required
- Demonstrable track record of selling Satellite (VSAT) or communications services to telecoms companies, ISPs and service providers;
- Have a strong grasp of telecommunications technology;
- Experience of managing channel partners and helping them drive up performance year on year;
- Ability to create winning bid proposals, plan and conduct contract negotiations and present in a compelling manner;
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with key partners and customers.
- English must be spoken fluently, other language skills would be advantageous.
- Additional retail sales experience to enterprise, government and telecoms sectors is also desirable;
- Ability to understand and explain the technology behind Satellite telecommunications services, to analyse competitor offerings and the ability to position the company’s capability successfully against them;
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a high level of motivation.
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.