The mobility sector is experiencing a significant increase in demand as consumers and enterprise users require high speed connectivity wherever they are; either in planes, ships, trains or cars.
With In-Flight Connectivity being the fastest growing area of this market, Euroconsult estimates that by 2021 17,000 commercial airliners will be using High Throughput Satellites, with revenues rising from $1bn to $6.5bn over ten years.
Avanti’s Mobility Strategy
Our strategy is to partner with best-in-class Service Providers and provide highly reliable connectivity to fill gaps in their networks across regions of peak demand.
The focus areas are as follows:
- In-Flight Connectivity – Passenger Wi-Fi – Visit our dedicated In-flight connectivity webpage
- Connected Aircraft – Cockpit / operational services including telemetry traffic from aircraft and engine sensors
- Drones – Command and control and video traffic
- Trains – Passenger Wi-Fi
- Connected Cars – Passenger Wi-Fi and remote engine management / servicing
- Coaches – Passenger Wi-Fi
- Cruise Ships – Passenger Wi-Fi and 3G mast backhaul
- Merchant Ships – Crew welfare, inventory management
Avanti’s Mobility Proposition
- High Quality, low cost bandwidth for demand led regional network in-fill
- Customised operations or standard Avanti ground platforms
- Steerable beams that can track moving targets or respond rapidly to demand changes from the Americas to India
- Avanti ensures customers are always connected with an international fibre ring, an advanced international network of ground stations and a cross connected fibre network.