Avanti Communications Group plc (“Avanti”) announces that Andy Green and Charmaine Eggberry will join the Board of Avanti as non-executive Directors with effect from 27 November 2014.
Avanti also announces that William Wyatt will retire as a non- executive Director of the Company at the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting on 27 November 2014 and that Alan Foster will retire as a non- executive Director of the Company on 31 March 2015.
Andy Green is chairman of IG Group, NP Group, DockOn, Inc. and the Digital Catapult. He is also a non-executive director on the Board of ARM Holdings plc and the CBI. Until 2012, Andy was CEO of Logica plc. Prior to joining Logica, Andy was a Board member at BT plc. Andy also is co-chair of the UK Space Leadership Council and a member of the Information Economy Council.
Charmaine Eggberry is a non-executive director on the Board of GB Group plc, chairperson of Buzzmove, CEO of Plan B Consulting and is a Board member and trustee of The Marketing Academy. Previously, Charmaine was Global Senior Vice President at Nokia and Managing Director & Vice President, EMEA at Research In Motion (BlackBerry). She also led Wayra, the digital accelerator and was a non-executive director of Wayra UnLtd, a joint venture between the UK Government and TelefÃ³nica.
Paul Walsh, Chairman said: “We are delighted to welcome Andy and Charmaine to the Board of Avanti. Both will bring great breadth of global telecoms and IT business experience and will add new perspectives to our Board discussions about developing technology trends and business relationships.”
“Alan and Will have played important roles as non-executive directors, Alan since the foundation of the Company and Will for almost a decade. The Board wishes to thank Will and Alan for their wisdom, support and service to the Company and wishes them well for the future.”
In the last five years, Andy Green (aged 59) has held the following Directorships: Current: IG Group plc, ARM Holdings plc, Networking People UK Ltd and E-skills UK Ltd. Previous: Logica plc. There is no further information on Andrew Green required to be disclosed under Schedule Two, paragraph (g) (i)-(viii) of the AIM Rules for Companies.
In the last five years, Charmaine Eggberry (aged 44) has held the following Directorships: Current: GB Group PLC, Removal Stars Limited, Plan B Consulting Limited, The Marketing Academy. Previous: Wayra UnLtd, Research in Motion Limited. There is no further information on Charmaine Eggberry required to be disclosed under Schedule Two, paragraph (g) (i)-(viii) of the AIM Rules for Companies.
For further information please contact:
Avanti Communications Group Plc
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7749 1600
David Williams, Chief Executive
Nigel Fox, Finance Director
Cenkos Securities plc
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7397 8900
Max Hartley (Nomad)/Julian Morse
Jefferies Hoare Govett
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7029 8000
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7353 4200
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7382 4734â¨
Dwight Burden/Hannah Nicolas
- Avanti is a carriers’ carrier, selling wholesale data telecoms to service providers which use them to create networks for enterprise, carrier, government and consumer users.
- Avanti serves customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Avanti's network consists of two high throughput satellites in orbit, called HYLAS 1 and HYLAS 2 and a multiband satellite called Artemis plus a fourth and a fifth satellite under construction called HYLAS and HYLAS 4 and an international fibre network connecting data centres in several countries.
- Customers access the fleet through the Avanti Cloud platform, the most powerful proprietary system in the Industry.
- Avanti Communications has GEO satellite network spectrum filings in the ITU Master Register for Ka band at 33.5° West and 31.0° East and for Ka, Ku, S and L-band at 21.5° East.