Customer Support Specialist
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Answering the telephone to customers in a courteous, professional and polite manner.
- Monitor Support Emails/New Ticket Requests and dealing with them appropriately.
- Logging, investigating, and closing calls logged by customers, internal staff, and 3rd parties with a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Supporting Installation Line Ups and assisting with Provisioning requests.
- Escalating Tickets when required.
- Carrying out Administrative tasks, e.g.reporting
- Any other reasonable Ad Hoc Taks assigned by the management team.
Skills and qualifications required
- Attitude of customer care, enthusiastic, pro-active approaches to problem solving.
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work autonomously, and prioritise planned tasks while managing unplanned issues.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio.
- CRM and trouble ticketing systems experience.
- Ability and willingness to work occasionally long hours under pressure.
- Customer Service experience in an ISP environment
- Broadband ISP/ Technical customer support background with knowledge of TCP/IP
- NVQ in Customer Care or equivalent
- ITIL knowledge
- Experience working in ISO 9001 / 27001
- Education in Computing/Communications to Further or Higher education standards
- Understanding of wireless communications and satellite systems
- Windows certification
- Experience using SAP and Remedy On Demand
- One of the following languages as second language: Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, German, Arabic, Africans, French
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.