Head of Product Development & Delivery
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead the product development and delivery department in;
- New capacity delivery
- Product development
- Serve product delivery
- Manage the team and undertake line management for first line.
- Liaise with the Executive, Sales, Regulatory and Operations teams to establish requirements and financial budgets for capacity growth.
- Lead procurement for space segment, launch segment and satellite control contracts as well as insurance placement to time, cost and performance.
- Provide technical support to the procurement and supply chain department for ground segment procurement.
- Lead on product development and Serve product delivery from a technical and project perspective.
- Lead on product development as defined in the product roadmap by the product management team.
- Support major non-conformances and anomalies within the department and in the operations department.
- Maintain department process documentation. Manage the department budget including forecasting.
Skills and qualifications required
- Successfully delivered spacecraft hardware
- Expertise in communications systems engineering
- Strong leadership and line management abilities
- Demonstrable project management capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders
- Ability to work cross-functionally and engage multiple multi-skilled audiences
- Engineering or Physics degree
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.