IT Support Analyst
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements. Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Main duties and responsibilities
- 1st and 2nd Line IT Support
- Desktop Support (Building and troubleshooting Desktop/laptops);
- Server Support (Microsoft environment);
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Office Applications;
- Equipment setup for new and existing staff;
- Dealing with general requests and ad hoc requirements;
- Ensuring back up and recovery process is adhered to;
- Moving and setting up new work stations including wiring where necessary;
- Assistance to staff regarding the accounting system including PO system;
- Mobile phones and blackberries troubleshooting;
- Manage orders and suppliers for IT equipment;
- Manage day to day PBX/telephony queries
Skills and qualifications required
- Demonstrable experience of working with a service desk Environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (all versions);
- Excellent understanding of HP desktop and laptop hardware;
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems (all versions);
- Trouble shooting of endpoint incidents and service requests;
- Knowledge of IOS and android on mobile devices;
- Knowledge of ITIL.
- SAP Business One;
- MDM solutions (currently BES12);
- Previous experience with Mitel telephony (3300, Contact Centre, Teleworker);
- Exchange 2016 Admin;
- Active directory;
- Office 365/Azure admin;
- Experience of working at a global level on multiple sites via remote connections.
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement: We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.