NOC Network Software Developer
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop tools to automate functions on network devices such as repetitive configuration tasks and enabling actions on specific device triggers
- Develop network administrative portals using templates for creating and executing tasks based on operational network requirements
- To automate network device provisioning process, execute network changes and obtain data collection for reporting or analysis.
- Build correlation tools to handle events across the network and/or service infrastructure
- Integrate the service provisioning/change/decommissioning of network devices/services to OSS/BSS
- Optimise the monitoring and alerting of the network infrastructure devices in relation to all services provided
- Ensure security elements are considered and best practice applied during project development and implementation
- Evaluate new automation tools, services and implement enhancements as part of our continual service improvement policy
- Assists with network event investigations and the implementation/improvement of current tools to identify issues quicker
- Work closely with the DevOps teams and the wider technology community to ensure changes are delivered aligned with current development standards and security policy
- Assist in the evaluation of new network products for it’s integration to the current network infrastructure
Skills and qualifications required
- Good understanding of Software design principles including Object oriented concepts, RESP APIs and micro services
- Extensive experience in software development/scripting, C/C++, Java, Python, NETCONF.
- Experience with some of these automation tools – Ansible/Puppet/Git/Chef/Salt
- Extensive experience in working with SQL databases
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Strong technical knowledge of LINUX and OpenSource tools
- Significant knowledge of TCP/IP standards and IP networking.
- Working knowledge on Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) like Nagios, Shinken, Nagvis, Zabbix and graphing tools like RRDtool and Graphite
- Experience with languages like: XML API and Juniper JET API
- Familiar with Software Defined Networking technology
- Experience of working within a DevOps environment
- IP networking experience with the following routing protocols: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VRRP.
- Working experience in automating network services (Switching, Routing, Application Delivery, Security etc.,)
- Experience using DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Splunk
- Network telemetry, key-value & JSON document stores, time-series databases.
- Working knowledge of SSL and IPSEC
- Knowledge in managing IP addresses
- Understanding of DNS concepts
- Good networking background experience
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.