Pricing – Pricing Analyst
Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Avanti is currently looking to recruit a proactive Pricing Analyst to assist the Pricing department with the increase in sales activities, the growing complexity of commercial solutions and the expansion of geographical coverage with future satellite launches. The role will focus on generating new revenues, maintaining healthy margins and reducing the sales cycle.
The Pricing Analyst will take ownership for the delivery of bespoke, flexible and compelling customer proposals working closely with the sales and product teams to capture and address the customer requirements. The position will involve the creation of complex financial models for the release of wholesale pricing for new products and features, and promotional offers.
The position will involve the creation of end to end sales and pricing processes, the maintenance of existing pricing offers and cost models, and the assistance of other internal functions with pricing support queries, capacity management, system automation and project management.
The candidate must demonstrate an excellent numerate and analytical background with acute attention to detail.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop compelling pricing quotations that meet the customer demands whilst maintaining healthy margins;
- Manage and prioritise pricing queries from all stakeholders involved in the sales cycle;
- Create flexible financial and cost models for new products and value-add features with a focus on increasing revenues and maintaining margins;
- Analyse market intelligence information and competitive constraints primarily in EMEA to define a competitive response in the form of a promotional offer;
- Assist the department head in the creation of end to end processes, the development of pricing templates and the automation of the pricing within the systems;
- Accurately maintain all pricing documentation, repositories and systems;
- Provide ad-hoc reports and assistance to other internal functions as directed by the Head of Pricing and Research.
Skills and qualifications required
- Demonstrable experience in a pricing analysis or financial role in a telecommunication background;
- Highly numerate with acute attention to details;
- Proactive attitude with a good level of commercial awareness and a sense of urgency;
- Advanced MS Excel skills with proven experience in the manipulation of large data sets and complex financial models;
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and work under time constraints;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to travel worldwide.
- Knowledge of the satellite technology;
- Knowledge of MS Access and VBA programming in MS Excel.
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other
reasonable duties as assigned by the Head of Pricing and Research from time to time.