Procurement Lead (Systems and Networks)
Avanti connects people wherever they are – in their homes, businesses, in government and on mobiles. Through the HYLAS satellite fleet and its partners across 118 countries, the network provides ubiquitous internet service to 27 per cent of the world’s population. Avanti delivers the level of quality and flexibility that the most demanding telecoms customers in the world seek.
Avanti is the first mover in high throughput satellite data communications in EMEA. It has rights to orbital slots and Ka-band spectrum that cover an end market of over 1.5bn people. The Group has invested $1.2bn in a network that incorporates satellites, Gateway Earth Stations, datacentres and a fibre ring. Avanti has a unique Cloud based flexible customer interface that is protected by patented technology.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
Avanti has recently established a centralised Procurement & Supply Chain function to improve processes, optimise costs and create competitive advantages for Avanti and our customers.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the Procurement & Supply Chain Director in establishing and developing the group’s procurement strategy and capabilities.
- Develop, lead and deliver category strategies and procurement projects – focussing on Total Cost of Ownership and additional value.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand and deliver group-wide and local key requirements – including the demands of evolving Target Operating Model.
- Lead on related category negotiations with suppliers to ensure savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiencies are secured.
- Proactively manage, report and optimise third-party spend and suppliers – implementing Supplier Relationship Management with key suppliers.
- Develop deep global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets and technology to lead and influence supplier and technology selections.
- Work with budget owners to identify future sourcing activities and cost saving plans.
Skills and qualifications required
- Significant experience in strategic sourcing and procurement across telecommunications or similar complex industries.
- Excellent negotiation capabilities (both methodologies and emotional intelligence) and commercial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Well organised with proven experience of managing projects
- Creative problem solver with an inquisitive mind-set.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the satellite industry • Educated to degree level CIPS or other procurement qualifications
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.