Avanti Communications is a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people.
The Group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka band geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with Avanti’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have been previously unmatched in the industry.
Avanti’s growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecoms and media companies, together with government users with civil and security requirements.
Avanti Communications is listed in London on AIM (AVN:LSE).
A Project Manager is required to lead the delivery of multiple customer implementations projects in Turkey and the ME region. The project manager will work closely with the Head of PMO and local sales team to ensure the highest level of service delivery to Avanti’s clients.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with the various Avanti functional groups including Operations, Customer Support, Presales/Product and Software Development to manage the implementation of trials, pilots, special projects and start of new HNO services
- Ensure all projects are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality
- Take full ownership of projects including any specific hardware and software requirements to enable new services using HYLAS Ka-band capacity
- Coordinate all Avanti resources to deliver compliant products and services
- Coordinate subcontractors and suppliers, from contract to delivery
- Manage quality in compliance with contractual SLAs and requirements
- Support execution of core PMO functions
- Support presales opportunities such as exhibitions and conferences
- Support ISO compliance (9001 and 27001)
- Represent Avanti at selected industry and standards bodies
Skills and qualifications required
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering multiple projects in fast-paced commercial environments
- Demonstrable experience of telecommunications system engineering and/or satellite service operations
- Experienced project manager (PRINCE2, APM or PMI qualified)
- Experience of working closely with customers and contributing positively to the sales process
- Strong dedication to delivering outstanding levels of customer care and support
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively as required
- Ability and willingness to work occasionally long hours under pressure
- A degree in telecommunications, electronics engineering or physics, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding of ITIL
- Working knowledge and/or qualifications in Agile
- Mentoring and training experience
- Experience working in ISO 9001 / 27001 environment
- Good understanding of satellite access technologies and modulation/communications theory
- Practical experience of earth station performance
- Experience of RF systems design, systems integration, test planning and execution
- Good understanding of link budget analysis
- Foreign languages relevant to Avanti service coverage
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.