Regulatory and Space Development Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Regulatory and Space Development Engineer to join our existing team in our London office. You will be part of the Regulatory Team and will be responsible for effecting and enabling key parts of Avanti’s spectrum management, frequency coordination spectrum policy and spectrum engineering activities.
This position plays a critical role in representing and promoting the interest of the group, its companies, product and services.
About our client
We are a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people. The group has designed a launched a new generation of high throughput Ka geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with the group’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have previously been unmatched in the industry. Our clients growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecom and media companies, together with government users, with civil and security requirements. The business is listed in London on AIM (AVM: LSE)
- Responsible for the day-to-day frequency coordination of Avanti’s satellite networks;
- Play a leading role in spectrum engineering studies
- Assist in the development of spectrum policy and spectrum management
- Assist with licencing and market access
- Support government and institutional relations
- Assist with space development
- University first degree in an aerospace and/or telecommunications field; and
- University second degree in an aerospace and/or telecommunications field;
- Very good technical engineering understanding of satellite communications systems and in particular Avanti satellite systems (space segment and ground segment);
- Results-oriented team player with ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong organisational skills, efficient time/task management as well as multiple priority handling;
- Effective presentations and persuasion skills;
- Excellent English language skills – oral & written;
- Computer literate (MS Office including Word/EXCEL/VBA/PowerPoint/Visio, MatLab, C/C++);
- EXPERIENCE is missing; and
- flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
Our client offers highly attractive reward packages. They are aware of how integral their employees are to their progress, so they ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the group in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Life Insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Private medical
Our client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please be aware that as part of this process, we have taken on board the personal data which you have posted into the recruitment environment in order to be able to see if you are a fit for one of our current or future vacancies. You can rest assured of four key aspects of how we manage personal data
- We will never sell your data to anyone
- We will protect your data and keep it secure at all times
- We will never pass your data to a potential hiring company without your express consent
- We will only use your data to provide you with career opportunities and market intelligence