Senior Manager-Licensing and Market Access
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, experienced with Licensing and Markets Access, to join our dynamic team . You will provide assist to the Regulatory Director , for the acquisition and optimisation of market access by Avanti itself, its gateway operators or service providers in those countries where Avant operates infrastructure or provides satellite services.
About our client
We are a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with significant international spectrum rights and a network covering over one billion people. The group has designed and launched a new generation of high throughput Ka geostationary satellites, in order to address an estimated market opportunity of over $11 billion per annum across EMEA. These satellites, together with the group’s highly resilient Ground Earth Stations and proprietary Cloud software management system, are able to deliver levels of performance, service and resilience that have previously been unmatched in the industry. Our clients growing customer base includes many of the World’s leading telecom and media companies, together with government users, with civil and security requirements. The business is listed in London on AIM (AVM: LSE)
- Interact directly with NRAs on a wide variety of current and prospective licensing matters
- Research the processes, analyse the impact of conditions and prepare appropriate filings. Active engagement with other parts of the business (e.g., Legal, Commercial, Procurement, Space, Finance) to resolve regulatory requirements in a way that suits the business and regulators alike
- Support technically the identification, development, implementation of Lawful Intercept / Internet Blocking requirements and Avanti solutions and be an advocate of those solutions to NRAs and national security agencies on a case by case basis.
- Support the continued building and maintaining of effective relationships Government departments in targeted countries Europe (including UK), Middle-East, Africa and relevant regional international regulatory bodies (CEPT, ATU, APSCC, ITU-D etc.);
- Assist relevant Avanti business development projects with governments or commercial entities to create goodwill and facilitate market access for Avanti in specified ‘complex’ target countries on a case by case basis;
- Developing best practice for regulators, contribute to timely responses to consultations on ICT policies, preparation of advocacy material and attending meetings or conferences to influence relevant government officials.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with industry trade associations for lobbying purposes, incl. preparing contributions to consultations
- University degree in the telecommunications regulatory and/ or policy field;
- 7 years relevant experience
- Results-oriented team player with ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong organisational skills, efficient time/task management as well as multiple priority handling;
- Effective presentations and persuasion skills;
- Excellent English language skills – oral & written; additional languages are a bonus
- Computer literate (MS Office including Word/EXCEL/VBA/PowerPoint,)
Our client offers highly attractive reward packages. They are aware of how integral their employees are to their progress, so they ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the group in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Life Insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Private medical
Our client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please be aware that as part of this process, we have taken on board the personal data which you have posted into the recruitment environment in order to be able to see if you are a fit for one of our current or future vacancies. You can rest assured of four key aspects of how we manage personal data
- We will never sell your data to anyone
- We will protect your data and keep it secure at all times
- We will never pass your data to a potential hiring company without your express consent
- We will only use your data to provide you with career opportunities and market intelligence