HYLAS 3 IS CURRENTLY BEING CONSTRUCTED UNDER A JOINT VENTURE WITH THE EUROPEAN SPACE
The HYLAS 3 Ka-band Spot Beam cluster will provide Ka-band satellite services over selected new markets in Africa or the Middle-East. It has steerable capability which will enable Avanti to select in a flexible manner the target African or Middle-Eastern market.
HYLAS 3 has 8 Users spot beams as well as a dedicated Gateway antenna.
HYLAS 3 PAYLOAD SPECIFICATIONS:
- Orbital Location = 31°
- E, co-located with HYLAS 2
- Lift-off Mass = 150 Kg
- Life = 15 years
- Payload Power = 1.7 kW EOL Capacity = up to 4.1GHz
- Encrypted Telemetry and Telecommand
THE HYLAS 3 ADVANTAGE:
- Flexible coverage of Africa and the Middle-East
- A gateway can be steered to anywhere on the Earth’s disk with visibility of 31°E
- Can operate in civilian & government frequencies
- Cost-effective and more efficient than legacy systems