HYLAS 4, the newest addition to our satellite fleet, launched on the 5th April 2018.
It has 64 fixed spot beams and uses the latest Ka-band satellite technology to extend our coverage to West and Central Africa, completing our Sub-Saharan Africa coverage.
The satellite also has additional capacity which is directed across existing regions across Africa and Europe.
HYLAS 4 was specially designed to include four independent steerable beams which can provide highly flexible capacity services across Africa, Europe and Latin America.
The HYLAS 4 advantage:
- Cost-effective and more efficient than legacy systems
- 100% in-country coverage
- Extensive coverage of UK and Europe, West, Central and Southern Africa
- 4 steerable beams
- 24/7 customer support
- Fast deployment and installation via the Avanti Mobile Assist App
- Smaller antennas
- Dual redundant Gateway Earth Stations
- Steerable beams operate in civilian & government frequencies