The Avanti Vision is to provide mission-critical satellite capacity to defence and communications industry customers. This exciting new role is at the heart of our customers’ experience with Avanti, making sure that they get the best out of their service with us and helping to achieve both the customers’ and Avanti’s growth ambitions.
This role is a crucial interface between Account Management and In-Life Service, wearing a technical hat to help our customers grow by driving value from their service, tracking customer health and looking for opportunities to highlight the impact of Avanti on the way they do business, every single day. The role is based in Nigeria, Lagos.
- Manage your portfolio of customers, ensuring they get so much value out of Avanti’s network that they cannot live without it;
- Work with the associated Sales Director/Account Manager to grow and retain our customers’ footprint, driving customer adoption through measurable outcomes that lead to renewals, expansion and advocacy;
- Process straightforward new service requests for existing clients;
- Be a trusted advisor for your customers and an expert on what Avanti offers;
- Implement and support proof of concepts on the ground to demonstrate the power of the Avanti network and support the sales cycle;
- Help customers understand Avanti’s products and services (such as the Portal) to the fullest and keep customers up to date with new products and services;
- Provide in-person training where required, e.g. installation of VSATs;
- Responsible for handing over customer into in-life after the contract has been signed – ensuring that they get the agreed service within the contracted timescales;
- Support the associated Sales Director/Account Manager with customer on boarding activities, such as welcome calls, training for users and product sheets;
- Ensure customers get the in-life service they signed up for against the contracted SLAs and that the services deliver the desired outcomes, and to improve upon areas of dissatisfaction;
- Provide timely responses and resolution to customer queries escalated by the Partner Desk;
- Support the associated Sales Director/Account Manager with customer monthly account reviews, including usage data and performance against SLAs, the product roadmap and how Avanti can help address customer challenges.
Key Skills & Experience
- Account and project management skills;
- Good command of the English language (both written and verbal);
- Passionate about satellite technology and comfortable with technical lingo;
- Able to make a customer smile, even from behind a phone or a computer;
- Proven experience in a Customer Service role or Sales Support role;
- Strong technical ability/skill;
- A true team player who can work collaboratively with all levels across the organisation;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Ability to travel on short notice for short term assignments. This is a customer-facing role that requires travel to customer locations up to 30% of the time, based on the needs of the business;
- Self-motivated and proactive;
- Nigerian National or MUST have a VALID visa to work in Nigeria.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.