This senior role is within the Information and Communication Technologies team responsible for the enterprise infrastructure at Avanti Communications Limited. Our main office is in Central London with satellite facilities throughout the EMEA region. This is a diverse role supporting all aspects of enterprise design, build and operational support.
Working with the ICT Infrastructure and Operations Lead, you will ensure our infrastructure remains resilient and secure, whilst delivering great customer service. Supporting the evolution of our infrastructure, you will influence the design and strategic direction of our technology roadmap and cloud adoption.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate drive and initiative to complete operational and project tasks, and offer tactical and operational leadership when required. As a senior member of the team you will be an excellent communicator at all levels with particular emphasis on mentoring and supporting junior members of the team
- Responsible for the operational functionality and availability of the ICT infrastructure that includes server, storage and backup services, and all infrastructure hosted in our data centres and server rooms.
- Operational management of all ICT related network services (local and wide area, remote sites) and the company cloud based PBX telephony services.
- Participate in periodic maintenances including patching and infrastructure refresh work to maintain a highly available resilient environment
- Ensure all service and system anomalies are investigated and reported using the predefined channels.
- Ensure routine standard operation procedures are documented and followed.
- Maintain a secure environment, managing any risk to business information and infrastructure.
- Provide support with cyber security and vulnerability management across the technology landscape ensuring all process and proactive activities are effective and appropriate.
- Ensure that Avanti’s IT Policy is maintained consistently throughout the organisation and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist with and maintain IT inventories and asset management
- Prioritise and respond in a timely way to any escalations raised, working with peer teams to resolve them to the satisfaction of the users and IT department SLA’s
- Own assigned project delivery tasks through the complete lifecycle of initiation to delivery
- Champion technical excellent offering solutions supporting our continuous service improvement initiatives.
- Develop trusted relationships with all ICT suppliers ensuring value and performance
Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in an IT related subject, or equivalent experience
- In depth working knowledge and support of virtualisation technologies such VMWare VCentre and Azure
- On hands experience of working in a data centre/comms room environment supporting hardware such as HP and Dell servers and EMC storage arrays and similar
- In depth knowledge of supporting Microsoft Windows Server in a multi domain environment using AD and Group Policy services with DNS, DHCP and DFS
- Microsoft cloud based technology including Office and Microsoft 365 and Teams, Azure and Azure AD
- Support of email on premise services running on an Exchange DAG cluster setup and also Exchange online, with Mimecast email security
- Mobile Device Management such as MobileIron and/or Intune
- Application delivery using RDS services
- Experience of monitoring systems such as ManageEngine or Solarwinds
- Demonstrable experience of the support of networking technologies such a s LAN, WAN, Wireless and VPN
- Familiarisation with supporting corporate printing services
- Familiarisation with supporting cloud based PBX telephony services
- Familiarisation with backup and DR technologies such as Arcserve, Veeam and Zerto
- Extensive experience of the administration of best of breed AV and EndPoint technologies
- In depth knowledge of updates and image deployment solutions
- Working knowledge of SQL and clustering
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of contributing successfully within a team and being able to mentor junior members
- Responsible for personal development of skills and knowledge
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels up to C-suite
- Ability to be flexible and adopt Agile working practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Knowledge of finance applications such as SAP Business One and iDocuments
- Cisco Meraki
- Support and administration of SharePoint infrastructure on premise and online
- Third party domain, DNS and certificate management
- Working with MAC in windows environments
- Project planning tools such as Smartsheets and 10000ft
- Power BI
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.