This senior role is within the Information and Communication Technologies team responsible for the enterprise infrastructure at Avanti Communications Limited. Our main office is in Central London with satellite facilities throughout the EMEA region. This is a diverse role supporting all aspects of enterprise design, build and operational support.
Provide tactical and operational leadership to the Information and Communication Technology team defining and implementing infrastructure standards and policies as well as designing and delivering infrastructure solutions and projects that meet business requirements.
Supporting the evolution of our infrastructure, you will influence the design and strategic direction of our technology roadmap and cloud adoption. Work with Head of Shared Services and other members of this team to provide a resilient, secure environment and ensure great customer service and support to the Business.
- Responsible for the operational functionality and availability of the ICT infrastructure, hosted in our data centres and in the cloud, including server, virtualisation, storage and backup services;
- Operational management of all ICT related network services including data, Wi-Fi, voice and communication platforms;
- Identity system incidents and problems. Troubleshoot, resolve and produce root cause analysis of these incidents;
- Maintain a highly available resilient environment, patching and upgrading software regularly;
- Ensure all systems are fully encrypted with trusted encrypted algorithms and certificates are renewed timeously;
- Ensure system security access and protects against unauthorised access, modification and destruction;
- Undertake planning and implementation of policies and programs relating to architecture, operating systems, storage, security and networks;
- Monitor and maintain equipment and systems insuring maximum performance, security and system integrity. Establish a baseline for system performance and capacity planning;
- Ensure that Avanti’s IT Policy is maintained consistently throughout the organisation and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Champion technical excellence offering solutions supporting our continuous service improvement initiatives;
- Develop trusted relationships with all ICT suppliers ensuring value and performance;
- Provide significant input into the department’s strategic direction in relation to infrastructure;
- Responsible for implementation and release of system and application changes with relevant change controls;
- Responsible for backup, business continuity and disaster recovery of systems;
- The company operates 24×7 services and this role may be required to support out of office hours emergency support, routine maintenance, and customer services opening hours;
- Vendor, licensing and budget management, including requesting of quotations, obtaining approvals, following up on orders, capacity planning and optimising of licenses and alignment to budget.
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in an IT related subject, or equivalent experience;
- ITIL certification required;
- In depth working knowledge and support of virtualisation and containerisation technologies;
- Extensive experience in Microsoft 365 and Teams, Azure and Azure AD;
- Experience of migrating services and systems into a cloud provider, AWS, Azure or GCP;
- Expert knowledge and ability to support highly available enterprise email and email related security services;
- Demonstrable experience of networking, including ip addressing, dns, dhcp and radius;
- Extensive experience with backup and business continuity technologies and back practices;
- Extensive experience of the administration endpoint protection technologies;
- Extensive experience in security hardening servers and network equipment, including certificate management;
- Working knowledge of scripting and automation for example bash, powershell and ansible;
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases and services, high availability and service and process automation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and achieve business objectives and deadlines;
- Demonstrable experience of contributing successfully within a team and being able to mentor junior members;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Ability to travel as required.
- Knowledge of finance applications such as SAP Business One and iDocuments;
- Support and administration of SharePoint infrastructure on premise and online.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.