Fixed term contract for maternity cover. The position will be for a period of 9 months, with the potential to be extended by a further 3 months.
General commercial lawyer reporting directly to the Deputy General Counsel, working as part of a small team advising across all areas and at all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, commercially-minded and confident, with broad commercial experience gained both in private practice and in-house.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Providing clear and cost-effective advice to all business units within the organization, including sales, operations and procurement;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide-variety of commercial agreements including customer and supplier contracts, master services agreements and framework agreements and non-disclosure agreements;
- Assisting with preparation of, and advising on, RFPs (including government tenders);
- Keeping abreast of and advising on applicable legal and regulatory matters;
- Developing, providing guidance on and ensuring compliance with company policies;
- Assisting in other areas as and when required such as employment, litigation, regulatory, marketing and property matters;
- Liaising with external (including local) counsel as required; and
- Assisting with company secretarial administration duties.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time;
Some travel (including internationally) may be required in normal circumstances.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 – 7 years PQE with demonstrable experience of working on a broad range of commercial matters, including time spent in-house;
- The individual will be proactive, versatile, organised and with good communications skills. He/she will also have the ability to think laterally and to support all areas of the business by applying legal knowledge to find pragmatic and timely commercial solutions;
- Experience of advising at all levels of a business, with the ability to “tailor” style/advice as appropriate;
- Experience of working on multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Qualified as a solicitor of England and Wales (or other common law jurisdiction), with current practicing certificate;
- Trained and qualified at top-tier law firm or in-house with an equivalent organization.
- Prior telecoms experience/knowledge is an advantage, but not essential
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.