Our Customer focussed Product Delivery Team part of the Customer Solutions department are the centre of expertise for all strategic programme and project management within Avanti, coordinating and bringing together stakeholders and teams from both the technology and commercial parts of the organisation. You will be working in a highly complex fast paced environment, responsible for creating and leading an integrated team to deliver end-to-end projects for Avanti’s customers involving cutting edge satellite communications networks to support global telecoms applications in the areas of carriers, Government and the satellite industry. You will need to ensure that the projects have a valid business benefit, are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed quality criteria from conception through to market launch and transition into operations. You will work closely with stakeholders across the Organisation to shape the Projects and proactively solve conflict situations through problem-solving, negotiation, open communication and direct influencing.
At Avanti, we deliver some incredibly complex network configurations to serve some of the world’s remotest regions in order to deliver the mission-critical capability our customers rely on. This role is responsible for the successful management and delivery of our largest, most complex bespoke projects.
- To manage the scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality and resources of all projects that are delivered on time and in budget;
- To lead project management and take responsibility for end-to-end service delivery of large or complex projects such as: –
- planning what work needs to be done, when and who’s going to do it;
- looking at the risks involved in a particular project and managing these risks;
- making sure the work is done to the right standard;
- motivating the team of people involved in the project;
- co-ordinating work done by different people;
- making sure the project is running on time and to budget;
- dealing with changes to the project as and when necessary;
- making sure the project delivers the expected outcomes and benefits
- To act as the key, day to day client interface for large or complex projects, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards;
- Advise at a strategic level at the project inception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives;
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for large and complex projects, including time, cost, technical, quality and performance parameters;
- Establish effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project. Prepare and maintain schedules of activity, including producing the master project plan;
- Work collaboratively with functional technical departments to manage the development of the project in accordance with approved plans and targets. Identifying and monitoring project risks and planning and implementing risk mitigations;
- Managing the flow of project information with the customer, through regular meetings and written communications;
- Ensure key decision-makers are kept up to date on all operational projects.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experienced in project managing major capital projects/programmes and complex stakeholder environments;
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline;
- Strong Influencing skills;
- APM, PMI and/or Prince 2 training certification desirable;
- Fantastic problem-solving skills and thrives in managing ambiguity and complexity;
- Good command of the English language (both written and verbal);
- Ability to travel on short notice for short term assignments. This is a customer-facing role that requires travel to customer locations up to 30% of the time, based on the needs of the business;
- A true team player who can work collaboratively with all levels across the organisation;
- UK National or MUST have a valid visa to work in UK;
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.