This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Regulatory and Space Development Engineer to join our existing team in our London office. You will be part of the Regulatory team and will be responsible for effecting and enabling key parts of Avanti’s spectrum management, frequency coordination spectrum policy and spectrum engineering activities.
This position plays a critical role in representing and promoting the interest of the group, its companies, product and services.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day frequency coordination of Avanti’s satellite networks;
- Play a leading role in spectrum engineering studies;
- Assist in the development of spectrum policy and spectrum management;
- Assist with licencing and market access;
- Support government and institutional relations;
Skills and Qualifications
- University first degree in an aerospace and/or telecommunications field; and
- University second degree in an aerospace and/or telecommunications field;
- Very good technical engineering understanding of satellite communications systems (space segment and ground segment);
- Good understanding of the international radio regulatory frameworks for satellite communications including the management of satellite filings and the international databases that support these;
- Working knowledge of commercial satellite coordination and interference modelling software;
- Computer literate (MS Office including Word/EXCEL/VBA/PowerPoint/Visio, MatLab, C/C++); and
- Must have a valid visa to work in the UK;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
- Results-oriented team player with ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong organisational skills, efficient time/task management as well as multiple priority handling;
- Effective presentations and persuasion skills; and
- Excellent English language skills – oral & written.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.