A world-leading satellite data communications company
At Avanti, we are passionate about satellite communications. This is why with more than 15 years of experience, expertise, dedication and hard work, we have pioneered the use of high-throughput satellites at the Ka-band frequencies.
Major organisations are now using our network for cellular backhaul, IP trunking, complex government and enterprise networks and video services, as well as broadband.
If working closely with satellites and telecommunication infrastructures in a company made of passionate people is something that excites you, then we would love for you to join us.
We have developed a strong reputation for creating proprietary Operational Support Systems (OSS) and business critical applications, so by joining us, you will have the chance to work on missions related to a wide variety of technology areas in a team of international and experienced developers.
- To plan, design and develop applications that will be part of OSS/BSS ECO system;
- Write clean, effective and high-quality code;
- Be involved in the whole lifecycle of projects: understanding contexts, suggesting ideas, planning, design, development, deployment, evolution and maintenance;
- To figure out the best design for a given solution, exploring our current systems, capabilities and limits, exchanging ideas with other Software Engineers, and implement it;
- Be a full-stack developer who will specifically focus on Groovy on grails/Java/MongoDB based development;
- Test your code with unit tests;
- Work with team lead, Scrum Master and Product owners in delivering user stories on time and therefore help organisation achieve its annual sales target;
- Adopt Avanti Values and display key behaviours at all time;
- Work autonomously sometimes and make decisions with minimal support;
- Always put business sales target into consideration while making decisions.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS/MS in Computer Science;
- Application of agile methods & test driven development;
- Deep experience of scalable distributed web software architectural design;
- Numerous years of experience building web applications (full stack) including:
- Back end development experience using Groovy/Grails and Java/Spring
- Front end development using TypeScript or React
- Database experience using MongoDB and SQL based DBs
- Experience of managing and using source control (Git).
- Unit and Functional testing experience;
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON;
- Solid understanding of Linux and Apache;
- Experience in micro services using micro frameworks.
- Experience with Continuous Integration;
- Experience with Postgres/PostGIS is desirable;
- Experience in Elastic search;
- Experience in designing different software architectures – SOA, Micro Services, DDD etc.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.